Retrievr Turns Waste into Opportunity
Retrievr’s accessibility to consumers creates profitable opportunities for municipalities, haulers, retailers and manufacturers. Clothing and electronics make up 10% of all landfill waste. That volume has doubled since 2000, costing cities over $500M each year in landfill fees in the US alone. Our communities shouldn’t have to shoulder this burden. Rather than rely on Extended Producer Responsibility laws to share the cost with retailers and manufacturers, Retrievr gives communities a quick and easy recycling solution through doorstep collection of clothing and electronics.
Retrievr makes recycling as easy as sending a text
It boils down to time and convenience: give people a free, easy pickup from their doorstep and they’ll do it. While recycling is the current solution for this $500M problem, only 15 – 20% of clothing and electronics are recycled today. The low rates are because of real barriers: drop-off centers are too far away, or the line is too long, or it’s too hard to pile everything into a truck to get it there. Retriever removes these barriers by making recycling as simple as a text.
See how recycling with Retrievr creates opportunities for your town
Be a leader in achieving your zero waste goals while offering a valuable free service to your community. When you partner with Retrievr, your residents can send a simple text for a convenient and safe pickup at their doorstep. Retrievr is free to both residents and municipalities and has proven to increase diversion rates for communities just like yours.
- “I had several items that we’ve been holding onto, not really knowing what to do with them. Retrievr came and picked up all of them. This is an awesome program!”— Deneen, Lower Merion (PA) resident
- “My wife is so happy! She calls me a hoarder but I’m not really. The first couple of times I cleaned out my stuff. This is my third time and I’m finally getting rid of my kid’s old gaming equipment. It’s so easy and kinda fun.”— Andy, 56
- “This is great—my wife and I have been trying to get rid of these old TVs for years. We can’t lug these things anywhere. I’m happy to see them finally gone and it’s nice to know they will be recycled.”— Lou, Retired
- “Gloucester Township is committed to bringing services like Curb My Clutter to our residents to improve their lives while minimizing the environmental impact of our community and saving taxpayer dollars associated with waste disposal.”— David Mayer, Mayor, Gloucester Township (NJ)
- “I’ve called everywhere trying to find a place to take this stuff and no one wants it! Your service is excellent and I’m going to tell everyone on my block.”— Dennis, Retired
- “My kids grow through clothing so fast that their cousins can’t even take any more of the hand-me-downs. Now I send a text— and you show up at my door.”— Elizabeth, 39
- “The process was perfect! Thanks very much! More communities need to have this service and I have never understood why they do not. Keep up the great work!”— Doris, 68
- “We recently moved and had a lot of stuff that we did not want to take to our new home. My wife and I scheduled a couple of collections. It was fast, easy, and you showed up on the day you promised. We’ve even used it at our new home.”— Mike, 45
- “The driver was such a polite and nice young man. He was quick and carefully took care of everything. Thank you!”— Sue, 55
- “Lower Merion Township is proud of our efforts to reduce our environmental impact and save taxpayers money. It’s not often we get to announce a program that does both. That’s exactly what we found with retrievr. Our residents get a convenient way to reduce their household clutter, we save on disposal fees, and most importantly, clothing and electronics stay out of the waste stream.”— Ernie McNeely, Lower Merion (PA) Township Manager
- “The Town of Westfield’s Green Team has been working hard to find sustainable solutions. We are committed to bringing services like retrievr to our residents to improve our quality of life and minimize the environmental impact of our community and save taxpayer dollars associated with waste disposal.”— Shelley Brindle, Mayor, Town of Westfield (NJ)
- “Star Disposal has been a leader in the community in bringing low-cost dependable waste disposal to the City of Bethlehem, PA. We’re now excited to partner with Retrievr where residents can get their used apparel and electronics collected via a text. It’s an easy way to minimize environmental impact of communities while reducing household clutter.”— Bob McCarthy, CEO, Star Disposal
We do the heavy lifting
Your residents text us to schedule their pickup and we handle all of the customer service, truck routing, sorting and distribution of collected items for recycling or resale. Your only job is to help get the word out to your residents. The more your residents participate, the more you save on landfill fees. Our free service means savings on landfill fees that go straight to your bottom line.
Retrievr has already partnered with 82 municipalities servicing 1 million people.