Who We Are
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect the following information when you use our Website, including:
- Information about the device(s) you use to access our Website, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers;
- Information about your visits to our Website, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from these websites (including date and time);
- Information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Website (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- Website pages and listings you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We may also use technologies to automatically collect tracking information on your mobile device or your browser. These technologies include:
You may request us to stop the collection of tracking information at any time by contact us at email@example.com. Please note that disabling these features may render a portion of our Website unavailable.
2.2 Information You Provide Us
Some of the information we collect are personal information. These information such as your name, email address, residential address, and phone number, may personally identify you. Some of the information we collect cannot identify you without more information, including, for example, photos of your used items, preferences, and habits. We treat this information as personally identifiable information. We will also treat any non-personally identifiable information that is linked to or combined with personally identifiable information as personally identifiable information.
At your request, we may collect your used goods for recycling or repurposing. Some of the used goods, such as used electronics and personal computers, may contain personal information about you. We request that you delete any personal information stored by these goods before contacting us for collection. We are committed to use responsible vendors to destroy personal information prior to scrapping or repurposing any device we receive.
2.3 Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may aggregate, anonymize, pseudonymize, or de-identify personal information collected from you and others to create non-personally identifiable information.
2.4 Sensitive Personal Information
We will not ask for or request any sensitive medical information. Please do not provide such information to us through emails, feedback forms or in any other way.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide you with our Website and our Services.
- Verify your identity.
- Assess your eligibility for our Services.
- Provide you with rewards and incentives.
- Recognize you when you use our Website, customize our Website according to your individual interests, and estimate our audience size and patterns.
- Perform any data analysis necessary to perform our Website, including administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Speed up our Website.
- Maintain the security of our Website.
- Send you emails about updates, information and alerts regarding our Website and our Services.
- Provide you with any other information, products and services from us and our partners.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations and other legal requirements.
We may use and share non-personally identifiable information for any and all purposes, and we keep it for as long as we have a business need to do so.
4. How Your Information is Shared
We will not sell or share your information, including personal information, with third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes.
We may share your information, including personal information, with our vendors, service providers and agents to the extent reasonably necessary to provide you with our Website or Services. For example, we may share your information, including personal information, for the purpose of:
- Operating and maintaining our Website and Services;
- Facilitating collection services through a third-party partner;
- Resolving a complaint or customer service request received by our partner municipality;
- Facilitating a potential acquisition or transfer of a majority of the assets of retrievr;
- Complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- Enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection;
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of retrievr, our customers or others when we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- Honoring your requests; and
- Fulfilling the purpose for which you provide the information.
5. Your Choices
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Website and our Services. If you provide us with your email address in order to receive communications, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of our emails.
Some browsers, Apps and devices support a “Do Not Track” feature. Our Website does not currently change the way it operates based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We also use encryption technology to protect certain information.
Although we will do our best to protect your information, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. If you suspect an unauthorized use or security breach of your information, you must notify us as soon as possible!
7. Children’s Privacy
Our websites, Apps, products, and services are not for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you think we have received personal information from children under the age of 18, please contact us immediately.
8. External Links
9. Geographic Locations
9.1 Transfer of Your Information to the United States and Canada
Our Website is operated from the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of these countries, please be aware that information we collect, including, personal information, may be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. By using our Website or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
9.2 California Residents
If you are a California resident, you may request from us certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Contact Information
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
3 Columbus Circle,16th floor
New York, NY 10019