Yes you are! We’re still the same company, just with a new name. We feel that Retrievr is a bit more “on the nose” in describing what we do: whether you’re a homeowner or a manufacturer, you can tell us what to fetch and we’ll go get it.
Since you’re already here on our website, just click on the orange “Schedule a Pickup” button.
Or, you may text the word PICKUP to 757-70-FETCH (757-703-3824), and we’ll send you a link to our online scheduling form.
This is a link to our online scheduling form. We got a lot of feedback from our customers that you wanted a faster way to schedule their pickups. This online form does exactly that: when you text us, we send you a personalized link. Use it to register (if you’re new to Retrievr), tell us what you’re recycling, and schedule your pickup.
Save the link, and you can use it later to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
You can schedule your pickup entirely over text message, if that’s easier for you. When you get our welcome text with the link to our scheduling form, you’ll also see instructions for how to continue using text messages. Instead of clicking on the link, simply reply to our message as instructed.
You can call us at 757-70-FETCH (757-703-3824) and leave a message. A support agent will contact you and schedule your pickup over the phone.
Two ways. One is to text the word PICKUP to 757-70-FETCH (757-703-3824). We’ll ask for your address and tell you if you’re in our area. Or, you can go to our Locations page to see if we service your town.
No. Just as your recycled paper, bottles and cans are not tax deductible, neither are recycled clothing and electronics. If you have access to a local donation center and prefer to donate some or all of your items, we respect that choice. Donation generally keeps your items out of the landfill, which makes us happy.
Collecting & Recycling
We’ll take just about any clean and dry textile or fabric in your home, and most electronic devices or accessories. Please note that we do not take household appliances, such as dishwashers, refrigerators, toasters, vacuums, hair dryers and the like. Please see our How It Works page for the full list of accepted items.
Your electronics are kept in a secure chain of custody so that your data remains secure while they are taken to our warehouse for sorting. Once sorted, some are diverted to local digital divide programs, and the rest are sent to our certified downstream processors for refurbishing, repair or responsible end of life recycling.
Your clothing, shoes and accessories are sorted either by our staff or by our trusted partners, with an eye towards their highest best use. Historically, around 30% of what we collect is in a resellable condition. The rest is downcycled into cleaning rags and fiber for automotives and other uses. But, now, in partnership with brands, more and more of what we collect is starting to be funneled towards emerging fiber to fiber and recycling technologies, meaning that we are working with downstream partners who can create cotton thread out of >%90 cotton garments, wool yarn out of >%90 wool garments, and extract down out of garments for reuse. We are extremely excited about these developments and are looking for more and more fashion partners to work with.
You can box or bag up any small electronics devices or accessories, such as phones, keyboards, mice, or anything similar. You do not need to box up your larger items like TVs or microwaves, you can leave those by your door, along with any bags or boxes of smaller items or clothing.
The most important thing is to keep them sheltered from the weather. We typically recommend on your porch just outside your door, or just outside your garage. If you are uncomfortable leaving more valuable items outside, please see the next question.
Yes! You might prefer to keep items like computers, phones, or tablets indoors until the driver arrives. When you schedule your pickup, you can ask Retrievr to ring your bell when they arrive. To keep our service contactless, our driver will remain at least 6 feet away from your door until all of your items are outside of your home.
Retrievr charges a base $10 doorstep fee, plus convenience fees for items that are particularly hard to collect or dispose of.
*These fees can vary with your Location, but typically include:
- $10 for each microwave
- $35 for each TV under 150 lbs and monitors that use a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT)
- $100 for each TV 150 lbs or more, such as those with wooden cabinets or rear-projection TVs
- $50 for each dehumidifier
- $50 for each window air-conditioner
- $50 for each mini refrigerator under 50 lbs
Of course, the best way to keep your data private is to remove it yourself, before you recycle your devices, and we do recommend a factory reset before you part with your electronics. But, if you can’t or forget to remove your data, rest easy.
Retrievr is proud to be your last line of defense in protecting your personal data. We are an e-Stewards Enterprise, and all electronic devices we receive follow a secure chain of custody before they are recycled downstream by trusted e-Stewards or R2-certified electronics recycling partners. That certification means – among other things – that their data removal processes comply with NIST data destruction guidelines.
If your device doesn’t power on, there’s no need to take any further action. Retrievr considers these devices scrap, and we send them to a trusted e-waste recycler to be shredded. Shredding the device completely destroys your data.
Removing your data is actually the last step in a four step process. If you want access to any of your files later, or if you want to make sure your data is thoroughly removed and unreadable, then you’ll want need to address these four stages:
- Back up the data you wish to save. If you have photos, emails, files, or other data you want to keep, your first step is to copy them somewhere safe before you start deleting. Learn more about options and why this is important.
- Isolate your device. Remove any connections to wireless networks, paired devices (e.g., Bluetooth headphones, Apple Watch) or cloud-based applications that sync with your device (e.g., iTunes, iCloud, Dropbox).
- Encrypt your data. Encryption scrambles the data on your phone and asks you to set a PIN or password. This means that even if someone is able to recover a fragment of an old file, they won’t be able to read it. Learn more about encryption.
- Remove your data. Wiping your device (often called a Factory Reset) removes any files and apps you added to your device, and restores it to the state it was when it left the factory. Learn more about why you need to wipe your device, not just delete files.
For device-specific instructions, check out the following links on how to delete your personal data from a Windows desktop or laptop computer, Apple product (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Macbook), or Gaming system, smart home, or Android device.
Deleting a file doesn’t actually erase it from your computer; it only hides the file from view. To a computer, “delete” just means that the space in memory is now free to use the next time you create a new file. When that space is used again, the new file takes the place of the old file, and the old file is now truly gone. But until the new file overwrites the deleted file, your delete file is still there and can be accessed by someone who knows how to pull it directly from your computer’s hard drive. Wiping your device protects against that.
When you schedule your pickup online, we’ll show you what’s on our target list:
- Pick your product category (e.g., phone, jacket, sweater)
- Look through the list of brands we can buy in that category
- If you see your brand, select it. We’ll show you what it’s worth.
Click Sell to accept our buyback price, and then repeat until you’ve reviewed all of your items.
If you don’t see your brand listed (or if your item doesn’t meet our minimum condition standards), we’ll still recycle it for you.
Add your item to your recycling bag and look for your next item on our target list.
We can recycle them, but we will only buy items that are in good, resuable condition. In order to earn the price shown, you must certify that your item shows no visible signs of wear and meets our minimum condition requirements.
Yes, you must separate all of your sellable items into a bag or box clearly labeled “Buyback” with your mobile number, then set it out at your door with your recycling bags on the day of your pickup. Buyback items mixed into your recycling are not eligible for a reward.
Yes, absolutely. You’re not limited to the items we’re buying. We will still collect and recycle everything on our list of acceptable items. Just keep your sellable items separate in a clearly marked bag, and put everything else in your separate recycling bag(s).
Typically, within two weeks after pickup. After we collect your Buyback items, we will evaluate them to determine which ones are eligible for the program. Once our evaluation is complete, we will send you an email with the final amount you earned with confirmation of where to send your check, a link to redeem your gift card for that amount, or confirmation of which charity you would like to donate the amount to. That email will also have an explanation for any items which did not qualify for buyback.
After we collect your items, we will review them to confirm buyback eligibility. Some common reasons why you might receive less than the stated value include:
- Missing: The item you listed was missing from the pickup, or was mixed in with your recycling bags. Remember to put all your sellable items into a clearly labeled Buyback bag.
- Condition: The item you submitted showed too much wear and tear. Items must be in excellent condition to qualify.
- For clothing, items must be freshly laundered and dry, with no visible signs of wear such as pilling or holes.
- For electronics, the device must power on, all screens must be free of cracks, any cameras or microphones must be fully functional, and the device must be free of dents, scratches, and other visible signs of wear.
- Incorrect description: The item we received was different from what was listed. For example, say you listed “Patagonia Jacket”, but the bag contained a different brand of jacket that is not eligible.
See our full program terms to review all program rules and requirements.
You can find our Reward Program Terms here.