Fashion Industry Challenges
In the current take-make-waste world brands are left out once they make the sale. They have little to no influence over whether their customer resells, recycles, or throws away their products. The unfortunate truth is 85% of clothes and shoes go directly to landfill or incineration after their first use: value is lost and brands are unable to control their environmental impact. There is a better way!
Maybe you’re wondering…
- When are my customers ready to recycle my product?
- How can I re-engage my customers through recycling?
- Is my brand insulated from resource scarcity?
- How can I ensure my brand’s returns, overstock, and damaged goods are responsibly handled?
Retrievr is here to help. We provide brands an easy way for your customers to recycle clothing, shoes, and accessories (along with electronics) and get them to their highest and best use. Brands who participate will stand out as leaders transforming a linear fashion marketplace into a more circular one.
As a Closed Loop Partners portfolio company, Retrievr offers brands access to cutting edge technology and approaches to circular strategy.
How We Do It
- Doorstep local collection via the web or text message
- Fetch: our brand-able, web-based national mail-back program
- In-store bins
- Accept overstock, returns, and damaged items
- Sort items for reuse, downcycling, fiber-to-fiber recycling, and more
- Measure and report on environmental impact
- Provide B2B support for Fetch, our branded mail-back program
- Collect data to support marketing strategy and demand planning
We’re here for you and we’re just getting started…
The fashion recycling landscape is rapidly changing and Retrievr is ready for it. We’re tracking emerging technologies that will allow chemical recycling at scale. Retrievr is uniquely positioned, with access to leading investors in these systems and technologies. As your long-term partner, we can scale and apply technological advances, and we stand ready to tap into and pilot new techniques as they come to market.
Below are the three core opportunities to partner with Retrievr. We’re also flexible- we can tailor programming specific to your brand’s needs.