Driver PA / NJ – Job Description
Your role and impact
You are the single most visible part of Retrievr. Our customers recycle with us because we’re easy and convenient, and because they feel safe inviting us – YOU – to the doorstep of their home.
While operating our truck with skill and safety is naturally a big part of your day, your role is far bigger and broader. Retrievr, our customers, and their neighbors will expect you to:
- Drive safely on their streets
- Smile as you walk to their door
- Take an interest in their questions, as you calmly and professionally answer their questions.
Our business relies on customers trusting us. To that end, you will work alone or with teammates to:
- Drive a 14’ – 26’ box truck in Philadelphia and surrounding counties, using GPS and real-time routing
- Make between 30 – 50 collections per day picking up bags of clothing and electronics which include TVs, microwaves, and window air conditioners
- Remain in full compliance with DOT regulations and obey all state traffic laws
- Use our software to assure all collections are picked up and checked as collected in real time
- Coordinate with managers on collection routes and practices for different types of pickups
- Deliver a friendly, professional customer experience that inspires trust and earns repeat business
- Follow and suggest improvements to safety protocols (e.g., clean the truck before and after use)
- Maintain appropriate records of collections completed or not completed
- Assist in general warehouse duties when not on the road
- Lift, load, unload, and sort collected items safely, securely, and without damage
- Operate a forklift after certified training if not already certified
Skills, Background, Work Requirements
This role is a fit for you if you’re excited about transforming how people think about recycling, and have:
- At least five years of driving experience (2 years – experience driving box trucks)
- A clean driving record for at least the last two years, and no history of DUI or DWI
- to work overtime hours on short notice
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs, as well as bend, squat, and reach overhead without injury
- Live within 15 miles (or under 30 minute commute) from our Souderton location
Offers of employment are conditioned upon passing a background check and DOT Medical Examination (FORM MCSA – 5875).
Competitive and commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Email Bob Anderson email@example.com with your resume or Linkedin profile
Retrievr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.